The first edition of the Asian Mental Health & Addiction Newsletter produced by Waitemata Asian Mental Health & Addiction Governance Group has been released.
Click here to view or go to www.caldresources.org.nz and look under CALD News to access the newsletter.
This NEWS EDITION includes information about:
· Asian Mental Health & Addiction Governance Group
· WDHB Mental Health & Addictions Service Development – Asian Chapter (2010-2015)
· Asian Workstream Projects Oct 2010 to now
· Workforce Project 1: Increasing Cultural Competence
· Workforce Project 2: Increasing Interpreters’ Competence
· Holistic Project 1: Stock-take of Assessment and Screening Tools
· Holistic Project 2: CALD 9 Learning Resources Development
· Prevention and Early Intervention: Chinese Parents Seminar
· And what else is happening
· Panel Discussion Workshops – Practical Issues in Cross-Cultural Mental Health Practice Working with CALD clients (March and June 2014)
· Chinese Incredible Years Training Programme
· Chinese Language: Sensory Modulation Workshops
· Best Practice Principles: CALD Cultural Competency Standards and Framework
The purpose of the Asian Mental Health & Addiction newsletter is to keep mental health and addictions management, service providers, workforce development personnel and organisations, funders and planners, Mental Health Directorate, Ministry of Health, primary care, NGO MH&A providers, as well as Asian service providers and community leaders informed about Asian mental health and addiction projects and events that are happening in the Waitemata district or in the Auckland region that are aimed at improving primary, secondary and NGO service and workforce responsiveness to the provision of cultural appropriate, quality and safe services to the Asian population.