Changing Minds is currently looking to fill board of trustee vacancies.
Requirements and Duties include:
- Formulating key policies and strategic goals, focusing both on near-term and longer-term challenges and opportunities.
- Strong cultural awareness and responsiveness, and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi is demonstrated at all times.
- Authorizing major transactions or other actions.
- Overseeing matters critical to the health of the organization, involving fundamental matters such as the viability of its business model, the integrity of its internal systems and controls, and the accuracy of its financial statements.
- Evaluating and helping to manage risk.
- Clear understanding of the role of Governance in a not for profit organisation and ideally previous governance experience.
- Stewardship the resources of the organization for the longer run, by carefully reviewing annual budgets and evaluating operations but also by encouraging foresight through several budget cycles, considering investments in light of future evolution, and planning for future capital needs.
- Providing resources, advising and offering introductions to help facilitate operations as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to the Trust deed of the organisation.
We are looking for someone with a skillset in one or more of the following area’s, commerce, law, health, justice, welfare, marketing, public affairs regionally and nationally.
We welcome applicants who have experience of mental distress, and/or addictions issues and wellbeing.
Please enquire by contacting Ainslie Gee, General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org, or forward a short covering letter indicating why are you are interested in this particular role, along with your resume.
Expressions of interest / applications close: Fri, 3 Oct 2014